Competition is tough when you decide to open up an online business. While Digital means almost instant profit from month #1, it also means being ahead of the game.
There’s a high chance your business won’t survive the year if you don’t think long-term. You see, many inexperienced small business owners believe that all it takes to get business going is to rank on the first page of Google and build links.
But that’s not all there is to it. Why not earn web mentions instead of merely paying others to “quote” you?
Building an Image with Web Mentions
Web mentions are one of the best online strategies for any business that values the customer-brand relationship.
It’s not just the links you get that bring your business to the high visibility section of SERPs, but it also the connection with readers, potential customers, and with bloggers in a more personal perspective.
Whenever a blogger or media influencer decides to write about your business and services, the message also goes to the author’s social media connections, to the blog’s community and social media circles, to unique and regular blog visitors and readers.
It spreads across a “spider web” of online connections. That is why web mentions must be made in a SMARTER natural way, according to FM Digital Signage.
You can hire a search marketing company or apply the DIY method (do it yourself).
Either way, there are seven online principles you must follow:
- Have in mind a specific performance. For example, to get more subscribers, traffic, more mentions.
- The performance must be measurable. You must be able to use online account measuring tools.
- The action of web mentions must be attainable. It isn’t highly effective to want unnatural and impossible outcomes.
- The process of image building must be result focused. You have to think of an objective, a goal, and how a campaign managed to achieve that goal.
- Everything must be done promptly. Time is crucial. Empires were not built overnight, so keep in mind that results depend on a specific time frame. You’d most probably be looking at evergreen content that ranks over time.
- Every action should be focused on encompassing. Steps are practical if applied in a circle of events. Repeatable processes ensure that no mistakes will repeat themselves and that after gaining experience, the business itself grows. Constantly.
- All actions should be reviewed frequently. It is crucial to scan and analyze processes to stabilize the growth and development of any business.
To sum it up:
- No new-era business can survive without an online brand presence;
- Digital PR is vital for online branding;
- Link Building Must be done naturally, in the form of purely white hat, legally and smarter than any campaign/strategy;
- If you can’t DIY, then invest some money and seek help from professionals;
- Last but not least, confide in young people: they are creative, eager to work and show you they can do it, dedicated and results-driven.
Is your business ready to become a recognizable brand?